The library welcomes donations from individuals and groups. The library, however, reserves the right to make a final selection of materials which will be added to the collection. The library also reserves the right to withdraw materials from the collection when they are no longer appropriate under the collection policy.
Monetary donations should be sent to Licking County Library, Attention: Babette Wofter, Director, 101 West Main Street, Newark, OH 43055. Checks should be made payable to Licking County Library
Donated Materials Are Defined As:
- Previously owned books or other materials appropriate to the library holdings
- New materials sent unsolicited to the library, usually from an organization or government agency
- A subject specialist will decide whether or not to add the donated materials to the library collection.
- If the materials are to be added, they will be sent to Technical Services for processing.
- If the materials are not to be added, they will be included in the library's ongoing book sale.
- The donor may request a receipt for tax purposes.
Monetary gifts/contributions to the Library are welcome and may be designated as memorials.
- Donations of money designated for periodicals and/or newspapers are accepted in lieu of actual subscriptions. These monetary gifts/contributions offset the high cost of periodical subscriptions and maintain the continuity of subscriptions from year to year
- Donors of monetary gifts may suggest subjects or titles to be purchased with their gift, but the Library reserves the right of final selection
- A recognition plate will be placed inside the item purchased. A typical plate reads as follows:
In Memory of John Doe
From Mr. & Mrs. Bob Jones
- Donations of monetary gifts will be acknowledged by the Director, recognized at Board meetings and recorded in the minutes
Source URL: http://www.lickingcountylibrary.info/content/donations