Laptops in the Lower Level of Main Library are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only current Licking County Library (LCL) cardholders in good standing with a current address on file may borrow a laptop.
- Only one laptop may be checked out per library card.
- Laptops are available for 2.5 hours with your LCL library card and are not renewable.
- Laptops may not be removed from the building.
Laptops must NOT be taken outside of the building and must be returned to a staff member. DO NOT place the laptop in the inside or outside bookdrop.
- Library staff will:
- Verify the laptop is in operating condition.
- Do a visual check to ensure the following items are returned in good condition:
- If any technical problems are encountered, the laptop must be returned to the library as soon as possible. A member of the Emerging Technologies and Digital Content department will resolve the issue.
- A returned laptop will not be circulated again until library staff can ensure the functionality of the laptop. If it is determined that the device is damaged, appropriate fees will be added to the customer’s account.
Fees and Liabilities:
- Overdue fines are $5 per day up to a maximum of $25.
- The customer will be charged replacement fees for items returned damaged.
- Do not leave the laptop on the main floor Circulation Desk or Lower Level Service Desk if a staff member is not present.
- If lost or damaged, the customer will be responsible for the full replacement cost of the laptop and accessories.
- Replacement costs for laptops:
- Replacement costs for accessories:
Source URL: http://www.lickingcountylibrary.info/content/laptop-lending