Stream movies, TV shows, and music from the library!
Licking County Library is excited to announce the public availability of thousands of movies, television shows, and music albums, all available for mobile and online access through a new partnership with hoopla digital - all you need is a valid library card!
Licking County Library card holders can download the free hoopla digital mobile app on their Android or iOS device or visit hoopladigital.com to begin enjoying thousands of titles - from major Hollywood studios, record companies and publishers - available to borrow for instant streaming or temporary downloading to their smartphones, tablets and computers.
hoopla digital has a simple sign-up and attractive, easy-to-use interface, so it's easy to get to your listening and viewing experience. There's also no waiting to borrow popular movies, TV shows, or albums.
To access the system on your mobile device, you will need to first download the FREE hoopla digital app from the App Store on your Android or iOS device. There is no need to download an app or extension for your internet browser.
Once you have downloaded the app to your device(s) and/or clicked on the hoopla digital link, you will be prompted to enter your email address, a password, your library card number, and your library card PIN number.
Come see what all the hoopla's about:
- Once you borrow a title on one device it is automatically available via all devices with the hoopla digital app and via your PC web browsers (IE 8+, Firefox 12+, Safari 5+, Chrome 19+).
- Within the hoopla app, you can access Licking County Library news and events via our news feed; this will help you stay aware of what's going on at our branches.
- When using hoopla you will be able to begin streaming the content immediately. You can also download content to view at a later date (in case you won't have WiFi on that beach trip).
- You will be allowed to borrow ten (10) titles each month
- Video lends for 72 hours
- Music lends for 7 days
- You are able to access (view/listen to) borrowed content as often as you want during the checkout period and you can return any borrowed title whenever you want.
Here are a few short videos to help answer some basic questions:
If you still have questions, please feel free to call us at 740-349-5581.