Friends of the Library groups are a vital part of your library system. They help the library serve the public through dollar gifts, volunteer hours, program support, and advocacy. Thanks to a very supportive community, we are able to provide library services in 6 locations and on the bookmobile.
Friends of Licking County Library
The Friends of Licking County Library is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote the continued growth, development and use of the Library by people of all ages, backgrounds and diverse interests.
Back row (left to right): Ray Bower, Tracy Boehmer (Secretary) and Janice LoRaso (Treasurer)
Front row (left to right): Vicki Pressey, Susan Reid (Vice President), Mary Gillespie, and Marilyn Donahue (President)
Other Special Friends of the Licking County Library:
Mary E. Babcock Library, Inc.: Established in 1996, this organization raised over 1 million dollars to build a new library (Mary E. Babcock Library) in Johnstown which opened in 2004. They continue to support this branch of the Licking County Library by maintaining the facility, paying for utilities, cleaning, insurance and other expenses related to the building. A sub-committee of “friends” also hold an annual book sale in October each year. The funds raised are used to sponsor special events such as the “Babcock Bash”, author visits and more.
Friends of the Buckeye Lake Library: Established in 2005, this group raises funds to pay the building expenses of this branch including the lease, maintenance, utilities, cleaning and insurance. The Friends must raise over $25,000 per year to support this location.
Hervey Memorial Trust: Established in 1937, this trust was created to support the building and maintenance of the Hervey Memorial Library in Utica.
Partnership with the Village of Hebron: The Hebron Library was built as a part of the Hebron Community Complex in 2001 which also serves as the home of Hebron Village Administration, Police Offices, Council Chambers and Mayor's Court.The village provides the space and maintains the building.